Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Goals

This year I will be blogging about my professional development goal to develop a culture of thinking in my classroom. After attending Harvard's summer program, Project Zero, I want to integrate what I have learned into my classroom. This is much easier said than done, I realize, and there are far more things I want to do than I am able to do. I hope to narrow my focus and make some very tangible changes to the way I understand teaching. I hope that at the end of the year, I will be able to look back and say that my true focus was my students' understanding, not what technology we used or what projects we did. I hope that I will be able to say that my language with my students evolved into a conditional and communal language of thinking. I hope that I will look back and see that I incorporated thinking routines, gave my students a sense of agency in the classroom, and made it less about the answers than the questions. This feels like a lot, but I plan to take it a step at a time. I will post reflections (mine and my students') that will hopefully reflect the way the culture of our classroom changes throughout the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment